Why Choose Smart Words?
- Linked to the Australian National Curriculum: Smart Words teaches the rules of spelling, the organisation of phonemes and the understanding of morphology and grammar while enriching vocabulary
- Individualised, sequential and developmental: Smart Words teaches students at their developmental level and introduces information that they need to learn and understand using a multisensory approach with consideration for memory capacity.
- Inquiry-based: Understanding, determining, and applying the rules and sounds of English words and their meaning.
- Worldwide Program: Used in many English teaching schools worldwide.
- Based on evidence: founded on the research knowledge of Bulluss and Coles, Bran, Silliman, Orton-Gillingham, Eide and others (see history of SW)
Smart Words and Other Programs
There is a strong correlation between Smart Words and Lexia reading Core 5.