12 more fun & educational school holidays activities at home
Are you looking for ways to include learning activities in fun school-holiday activities with the kids? Smart Achievers has jotted down a simple list of dot points for exactly this!
- Set up a daily program for each day by planning the day before or for a full week.
- Ring, text or email a relative or friend.
- Interview an interesting person in your lives via questions your child writes or asks.
- Use some food colouring in water to paint some pictures or patterns.
- Teach your kids how to play hoppy, skip…
- Throw, catch, bounce &/or bat a ball for 5 minutes a day. Bats can be made from a rolled up magazine or newspaper and taped.
View this post on Instagram
- Play hide and seek with a hidden object and use getting ‘hotter’ or ‘colder’ to help the players find the treasure. Set the timer to see who questions, listens and thinks smartly.
- Plan and organise a family concert in which everyone may either sing, dance, play, do magic, read a poem, tell a joke etc. Invite others to watch or join in via zoom or facetime.
- Have a dress up day for the whole family. Add a theme and repeat.
- Move backwards for half a day and sideways for another half day.
- Blindfold a family member and carefully guide them to another place.
- Create an obstacle course and complete a circuit on a regular basis throughout the day.
For the month of January, Smart Achievers are doing a special $70 per hour tutoring offer. Don’t miss out, book via this link today!