10 fun & educational school holidays activities at home
Are you looking for ways to include learning activities in fun school-holiday activities with the kids? Smart Achievers has jotted down a simple list of dot points for exactly this!
- Write a treasure hunt for your kids to follow the written hints to the hidden treasure and then get them to set up a treasure hunt for you with hints and a prize,
- Allocate a space for each child to create and maintain a little garden,
- As a family, monitor and reduce your garbage over the period,
- Write a letter to a relative or friend and ask them to reply,
- Get your kids to plan, cost and organise a holiday and create a brochure to sell their idea to the family,
- Set up a play shop and use your change as currency to buy and sell items,
- Count the change in your change jar or purse,
- Cook a simple food each day and write the recipe into a book for future use,
- Hear your child read orally for 2 minutes a day and get them to read silently for 20 minutes/day,
- Set up a chore list with payments. Add and pay as discussed. Payment could be money or treats such as an inhouse movie break.
For the month of January, Smart Achievers are doing a special $70 per hour tutoring offer. Don’t miss out, book via this link today!